Spring to Recipe

Hellooo, meat lovers!

Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!

Yeah, this has been a very meaty week at the weblog, first with the Skirt Steak Fajitas and now with this scrumptious Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket that will rock your world!

Seriously, who tin resist this southern classic? It'southward comfort nutrient at its all-time, in the form of meat that melts in your mouth! I'1000 telling y'all, it can't get any better than that. Specially because it is made in the dull cooker, so it's extremely convenient and the but thing you will have to practise is brown the meat and sauté the onions and garlic before calculation them to your crockpot.

The hard office? Waiting 10 hours to eat this while your home smells fantastic. It's sweet sweeeeeet torture! (Please exist aware of husbands that try to open the crockpot'south lid. I wish they would make a model where the chapeau shocks you if you endeavor to open up information technology when you lot're non supposed to!)

I sincerely apologize if you're vegetarian/vegan! I promise I have some delicious not-meat recipes on the work for you. Only for now, let me focus on my carnivore friends!

Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!

The truth is… I'thousand sharing this recipe with yous today considering I have an fifty-fifty better (whaaaat?!? What can exist better than this?) recipe coming later this week, that volition need this pulled beef as an ingredient. So I decided to share this Tedious-Cooked Pulled Beefiness showtime because you will need to apply the irksome cooker, even though we run the adventure of you eating it all even earlier I share the second recipe.

My husband went crazy over this. He was eating it by the spoonful until I gave him some buns to make sandwiches. He wasn't likewise happy I told him he could only swallow a petty cause I needed about of information technology for another projection. (Until he tasted the other project and understood that sometimes, in life, you just accept to await…)

Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!

I need to confess something: until I tried pulled brisket, I hated brisket! The one I tried before was dry out and super fatty, definitely not my blazon of beef. However, when brisket is slow cooked for a long period of time, the connective tissue'due south fibers are cleaved down and the meat will autumn apart at the touch on of a fork.

To prevent the meat from drying out during the cooking process, but go on the fat. I know, information technology's gross! I have this horror-picture like aversion to big layers of fat, but I braved through it and left the fatty in. At the end, once the brisket was cooked, I cut it out easily with a serrated knife and discarded the fat (against my husband plead to let him eat information technology!).

Yous tin can tots (that'due south 'absurd speaking' for totally!) leave the fat in if it doesn't carp you. I know of a few family members – ahem, dad… – that loves a skilful slab of pure fat. Nowadays he tries to eat it fast so I don't run into it, cause he knows I'll forbid him!

Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!

Doesn't information technology wait out of this world?

And the flavor… oh, the flavor! The brisket soaks upward all the flavors from the bootleg BBQ sauce it'south cooked in. I guarantee you volition be licking your fingers!

This is perfect for weeknight meals or if you need a recipe to feed a crowd! Y'all can serve on burger buns, on mashed potatoes, polenta, broiled potatoes or yous can wait 'til Fri for an amazing new recipe!

P.S. Wanna proceed in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagramor Pinterestto stay up to date with my posts! If you terminate up making one of my recipes, I would love to run across it! But take a photo and post it on your preferred Social Media and tag me or employ the hashtag #oliviascuisine! :)

Ingredients

  • 3lbs beef brisket
  • 1 large spanish onion, thinly sliced
  • v cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups peeled tomatoes, composite
  • i/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon dark-brown carbohydrate
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • ane canned chipotle pepper in adobo
  • Salt and pepper to gustation

Instructions

  • Flavour the brisket generously with salt and pepper.
  • In a large cast iron skillet, over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and, once smoking hot, brownish the brisket on all sides until aureate brown.
  • Transfer the browned brisket to your slow cooker, fat side upward.
  • Back in the skillet, lower the heat to medium low and add some more olive oil if necessary. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes or until the onions have caramelized. Transfer to the tedious cooker.
  • In a medium sized basin, combine the blended tomatoes, the Worcestershire sauce, the vinegar, the mustard, the brown sugar, the ketchup and the chili powder, whisking everything together until smoothen. Pour the sauce into the brisket in the tiresome cooker.
  • Finally, add a whole chipotle pepper to the slow cooker and embrace. Cook on low for 9 hours, until the brisket is fork tender.
  • Discard the chipotle pepper and take the brisket out of the slow cooker.
  • On a cutting board, take the fat out using a serrated knife. Discard the fat.
  • Shred the brisket using ii forks and bring it dorsum to the dull cooker. Comprehend and cook for one more than hour.
  • Serve hot with buns or mashed potatoes.
  • Notes

    If you don't have a dull cooker, merely braise your brisket in a dutch oven in the oven (300F degrees) for iii to four hours!

     

    Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!

    Slow-Cooked Pulled Brisket | www.oliviascuisine.com | Make this delicious pulled brisket in your crockpot and enjoy it in sandwiches, wraps or even in baked potatoes!